Self Regulation and Well-Being
This frame encompasses children's learning and development with respect to:
- their own thinking and feelings, and their recognition of and respect for differences in the thinking and feelings of others;
- regulating their emotions, adapting to distractions, and assessing consequences of actions in a way that enables them to engage in learning;
- their physical and mental health and wellness.
In connection with this frame, it is important for educators to consider:
- the interrelatedness of children's self-awareness, sense of self, and ability to self-regulate;
- the role of the learning environment in helping children to be calm, focused, and alert so they are better able to learn.
What children learn in connection with this frame allows them to focus, to learn, to respect themselves and others, and to promote well-being in themselves and others.